Wednesday, April 21, 2010

My new ride...

... and my new pride =)

For past three years I've been wobbling my way around Basel with this very charming but ah so unpractical antique bicycle from some golden year of fiftie's. It has three gears, green color and lots of character but also very very warped body, so everytime I would pick up some speed it would start to shake and wobble. Not very safe. Somehow it seemed to get worse and worse, so now I decided it was time for a change.

In Ricardo.ch, the swiss online auction (like eBay), I saw this pretty basic bicycle whose name actually caught my eye. - Thought it would be cool to ride around with a "Postcard". And it had some yellow color. Happy bike.

My Postcard =)

So I bid on it and got it finally for 100chf. We went to pick it up the very day the auction ended. For these past couple of days I've been really happy about my investment. I didn't see or test it before I bought it, but somehow everything seems to work pretty much as good as possible. It runs very soft and smooth, and most importantly, straight and all the 21 gears click like a dream.

So, since it's springtime and the season of getting active and on the move again, I have finally the ride that brings me happily and more safe to my destination.

No comments: