Thursday, December 10, 2009

Dabbling...

First of all I must admit that I've been so f***ing bored for last two months, that I my brain nearly snapped. Since the ending of "Revolver Traum", my latest design project in September, I haven't landed anything more than odd days of roudie work here and there. And I'm very bad in doing nothing. Pisses me personally off more than anything, since I'm not one of those people who can bustle happily in their garden or hobbies without a care in the world. If I don't have some landmarks in time, I just end up sleeping too much like all the energy would somehow be drained out of me. Or I just hover around in Facebook waiting for someone to make a move in Lexulous. Go figure. Hopefully next year will be better projectwise.

Nonetheless, I managed to do at least something with all this time I have. I was loitering in the city to kill some time and noticed funny looking yarns in one of the department stores. That made me think that I could pick up my old hobby, knitting. It's been years since I had anything to do with it.

Happy colors to cheer me up =)

So I bought some happy-coloured cotton yarn and decided to start easy with the designs. The point of interest was that one can't figure out the pattern that the multiple colors will make until you knit it. I'd go for producing a pair of "armbands". I don't know how they are supposed to be called in english, but anyway they are sort of gaiters or fingerless (hobo)gloves, -take your pick. In Swiss German I'd know three different names for the thingies (armedüsli, mittli, pulswärmer), but not in English =) Perhaps the picture will clear it out =)

The first pair out of the factory.

It turned out that the colors of the yarn actually make quite even and pretty stripes, which surprised me positively.

Catania Color (color 35) by Schachenmayr, app. 60g
needles no. 3

Second pair of same sort was actually something I've started long time ago and wanted to finish now. This was the same kind of hoboglove thingy knitted out of the softest mohair yarn.

Soft hobo?

Novita Teddy, app. 70g
needles no. 5

I also knitted such gloves for my friend, but there'll be no photo of them yet, since I intend to give them to her as a Christmas present =) And my boyfriend also got a pair of armbands made out of sleek shiny school yarn (cotton), but he doesn't want him or his stuff to be published in the Internet, so you'll have to take my word for it. =D

Now I'm working on the cutest multicolored polyester yarn and wrestling to turn it into a beret. Update will follow...
O, let it be a beret... eventually

No comments: