Monday, June 1, 2009

Kill your Darlings in Münster

After coming back to Basel, I actually rushed almost directly out to Münster with bigNOTWENDIKEIT's "Kill your Darlings" performance.

I had no idea where Münster was supposed to be, above the fact that it's somewhere in Germany. But I did find it and manage to pin it to the map, after sitting six hours in the train to get there. Münster seems to be quite charming village in middle Germany, with lots of students and bicycles. It reminded me very much of outskirts of Dortmund, which I have visited way back then when I was teenager. Dortmund is actually only 60km away, so no wonder.

Rural green on the way to our accomodation.

We performed on "Raw like Sushi"-festival in Pumpenhaus, which turned out to be a very friendly and straight-forward theater. It was really luxurious to realize that there was four technicians for our set-up, which is super-simple to begin with. -Like twenty something drawers on the floor and 11 channels for lights. Not complicated by any level. So, everything rolled really smoothly and everybody was very helpful and friendly. They seem to have good working atmosphere in Pumpenhaus and I even got a t-shirt, so would gladly visit them again anytime.

Pumps of the Pumpenhaus.

As it happened, I had my birthday on the day of our arrival to the venue. The other girls had prepared little celebration on the back of the car with balloons & colorful ribbons and Katharina had even baked a cake. So cute, I was big time touched . I didn't really expect anything of the sort. Life is suprising at times. Thanks girls, I will remember this!

Anna, Katharina, Olivia and Esther
and the back-of-the-car-party.

One thing that left me wondering about Münster is the traffic lights for pedestrians and bicycles. What the henk is the story with double-reds? Anybody?

????

No comments: