Monday, June 1, 2009

Holidays in Finland

Due to having been bit busy, and also lazy, my posting come bit belated this time. -But better later than never, yeah?

I was briefly in Finland again, in the beginning of May. This time, mainly for personal purposes, which is strange. Usually I have loads of project related stuff to do when I'm over there. It was cool, -I met so many friends I haven't seen in long time, checked out some of the latest on the dance-scene and even managed to watch Finland-USA ice-hockey match . Whoaa, ice-hockey was especially great, since they don't care so much for that particular sport in Switzerland, or at least I don't know where =)

Orange
This year I managed to finally do something I've been invited to do for years! On 1st of May my former teacher from Väs, Kimmo, arranges this legendary brunch of his. Theme is always color and it follows the spectre of rainbow. This year the color was orange and only advise to the guests was, as always, to wear something of the color and bring some sparkling wine with you.

We started the sunny 1st of May Friday on the inner yeard of my dear friends Kalle and Pikku-Markku and did some barbeque with couple of friends. Very nice and relaxed atmosphere. Thanks guys, again.

Barbeque with Mia, PM, Kalle and Raisa.

After quite many bottles of sparkling wine we embarked to go to Kimmo's party. There was pretty much people and the main feeling was -orange. Luckily the weather was nice, since the approximate 100 people woulnd't fit to Kimmo's apartment by any chance. So the party spreaded out to the street along Pitkänsillanranta. Passersby were bit confused about all the "orangeity". Very easy-going party adn I met some old friend and made some new ones. I definately go next year again, if I'm in Finland.

The Hosts of Orange, Kimmo and Petri.

Some of the sparkly stuff
last count the following day: 168 empty bottles

Mia, the personification of ORANGE.


Roger Moore
I happened to read from the newspaper that Roger Moore is going to make a visit to Finland while I was also there. I'm not such a big fan of the guy, and I wouldn't go through any trouble to see him. But since he was sort of coming to me, I thought I'd go check it out in Akateeminen Kirjakauppa, a bookstore in Helsinki.

It was quite amazing. The bookstore was already jam-packed with people good time before the guy ever showed up himself and app. 200m long autograph line-up was snaking around the ground floor of the store. I've never seen such crowd in this place before. It was very difficult to find any kind of spot where one could at least theoretically catch a glimpse of the podium where the interview was to be held.

The talks were quite brief and very mundaine, didn't shake my world on any level. But now I can at least say that I've seen The Saint in person. Quite charming old guy, I admit. But still such a curiosity to se him getting so many people on the move.

THE crowds

Sir himself

No comments: