Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Nightwish

I finally had the chance to see Nightwish live, thanks to my friend and colleaque Mikko. The band was playing in St. Jakobshalle for the audience of approximate 7000 people with Indica and Pain (Swe) as warming up acts.

So it seems, that I went to see a Finnish band again. Am I boring or just lacking imagination, go figure... But I enjoyed it nonetheless. Especially opening tunes of Finlandia (by Sibelius) with electric quitar, I find it somehow touching.

This was the first time I saw Nightwish with their (not-so-anymore) new lead singer Anette. To be honest, it's still entertaining and skillfull as ever, but -and this is just my humble opinion- they seem to have lost something that earlier made them unique. Nowadays it's more pop. Very nice evening in every dimension anyway. And the band does look amazing visually!




But hey, next time I promise to be more inventive in my choices of bands. You'll see!

No comments: