Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Too much walking in Berlin

I've just landed in Basel after a week in Berlin, Germany. There we had four Mnemopark-performances in Hau 2 theater. This was the first time I had to do also the stage managing in addition to light set-up and operating. It was a cool experience and everything went quite smoothly, although I was bit worried in the beginning because of some details. Anyway, in the end I didn't blow up the neon-tubes and chicken and goldfish were also happily bustling around for the whole time =)

Since we were in Berlin for a whole week, I had also some time to get to know the city. I met a old friend of mine, Julia, whom I got to know in Bangkok two years ago. She showed me around and we did some bicycling and went to see a flea-market at Maur Platz on Sunday. The other freetime I spent just walking around the city, which resulted the fact that walking is bit difficult at the moment, because of sore knee. Old age doesn't come alone...

Summary: Berlin is a cool city. Under couple of pics along the "spazieren gangen"

Me and Julia at the Holocaust Denkmal

Famous east Berlin "Ampelmänner"

Near Oranienburgerstrasse

Cool interior for my idea-material library

Maur Platz flea market


No comments: