Saturday, December 22, 2012

Done truckin'

Yup. I went to GB. For approximately 12 hours :-). Alltogether some 1800 kilometers in a truck within three days. Keep on movin'...

British isles seemed quite okay. I want to go back some day with bit more time in my schedule. But, these quick trips are something I do occasionally. Just to accompany my boyfriend to go somewhere and back again. Like true hobbits, hehe.

I've done recently something else too. I had touring performances in Ghent, Amsterdam, Geneva and Neuchâtel.

Ghent was very pretty and there we got to perform with Etude since a long time. I really like the team of that production and therefore it would be nice to be able to do that one more often. While in Ghent I also had a chance to visit the headquarters of ADB Lighting. Cool to be able to see the latest toys at their homebase.

Amsterdam was again one of my quickies. I was there for one show for almost 45 hours. No idea what's cooking in the city at this point, didn't see nything else but the venue and hotel. Sometimes it just is like that. True city-hopping. Next time I'll promise to finally get my ass to Paradiso. Been planning that since forever.

Geneva on the other hand was a situation I couldn't get fast enough away from. There literally everything was / went wrong because people don't listen or care. I personally don't care to say anything more about that one. Bygones. Fortunately.

Neuchâtel was a nice one. Which was good for ending the touring year. The venue ADN operates for most of the time as a quite ordinary dance studio. But in addition to this feature, they have a fully collapsible audience seating for approximately 200 people and the space can be transformed into a black box theater. We had two shows there and everything was pretty easy going. I had bit bad premonitions about all of it because the negotiations beforehand were bit tricky, but all went well while finally there. Except for the fact that I had to construct some scenic elements the previous night before going there. - Local contact in Basel didn't deliver what was promised, but that has nothing to do with ADN.

In December I had some time to concentrate to my personal projects having finished touring in the beginning of the month. So I've managed to achieve a monstrous neck spasm by putting my new website online. It took more or less a month of fiddling and learning new ropes, but now it's up and running. Only minor fine tuning is missing. Pheww. Check out the fruits of my labor:

www.minnaheikkila.fi

And please, do tell me what you think! All comments are more than welcome. I know the site doesn't really work on IE9, but that I can't fix with my skills. Sorry about that. I hate imperfections.

So, now the major undertakings of this year are pretty much in the fold and I can set myself to the Yuletide mood. Today I fished my Christmas ham project out of the salt water, so everything is proceeding according plans :-)

I'll try to manage to post some photos from the adventures of this year shortly. Until then I wish everybody:

Relaxing Christmas and luminous 1213!

No comments: