Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Finland and Rainbow 01.06.08

O je, it was time to get back to Finland again. -This time mainly because of my graduation from Theater Academy, but there was other reasons too.

I was strolling by the lake the other day and I realised that it's been nearly exactly two years since I took this same picture for my closing chapter for my Asian blog. This time the return was only different, only for a short while. So much has happened in my life since that entry in June 2006. Little did I know what life would bring! But I'm happy that it has turned out this way!
Remake of the old photo, looks pretty much the same.

Idyllic scenery.

Early summer is really blooming in Parola.

Okay, back to reality and present day... One of the other reasons to come to Finland just now was "Sateenkaari 2008" -the Rainbow Party in Riihimäki, organised by my very dear friend Pikku-Markku. I guess everybody knows what a "rainbow party" is about -if not, lets say, it's about tolerance and open-mindedness originally promoted by gay-people. This time the theme was not so strong or pushed, it was more like just one Sunday afternoon, when people can come together and spend some time conversating with each other and enjoying various performances on stage. There was approximately 180 people altogether and everybody, both old and young, seemed to really catch the mood and the idea.

Local florist sponsored the event with loads of roses,
-some of them dyed to the theme.

Some of the audience.

Dragqueen 2007 Nicola delivering a killer act!!

Energetic singer Anita Hirvonen making the audience go wild.

In the end there was some dance music by the band "La Strada".
And Pikku-Markku and Saara really spinning it.

No comments: