Sunday, March 2, 2008

Finland -in a hurry

Raatikko called me to do the light design for their new inter-active production for children. I have very little free time in my agenda, but I promised to squeeze it in. So, I was in Tikkurila for a week to figure the concept out. The premiere will be in mid-March, when I'm in Japan, so I have to pull it all together way in advance and in only a few days. Luckily, I have couple of more days in the very beginning of March.

My time in Finland was not only work. I had the rare chance to meet with the girls of "Valotytöt" - the light designer girls association (freely translated). It was nice to see them since a very long time and to catch up eith what everybody is busy with. It seems that "light-girls" are doing good, lots of projects going on. Great!

I also went to Tampere to meet with my oldest and dearest friends. Ulla and Esa have finally moved in their long-awaited own house, which is a nice and characteristic place built in 50's. We had a girls' night over there with Ulla, Leila and Päivi: some sauna, fondue, couple of beers and Sing Star Legends on PS3.

Friends gathered around the fondue pot
after excellent wood-heated sauna.

No comments: